Calling all Neighbors – Help Name your New Park !
Hello everyone and Happy Summer. We hope you are staying cool! It won’t be long now until our new park is officially open. In anticipation of that day, please submit nominations for the new park name! Here are all the details:
South Lamar Neighborhood Association
Park Naming Nomination and Voting Process
Park Naming Committee members: Mario Champion, Kassi Darakhshan, Bryan King, Nancy Maclaine
Questions? Email email@example.com
- Request for park name nominations can be submitted via a Google Form and via mail (by mailing in the bottom portion of this document). Click HERE for the online voting form.
- Neighbors are being notified of nomination process at the June 20th mtg. and via the SLNA Yahoo Group
- Incomplete nominations will not be accepted and neighbors may nominate more than one name
- All neighbors can nominate, but only SLNA members can vote
- The Park Naming Committee will narrow down the nominations to the top 10 (if there are more than 10 nominations) and the top 10 will be announced via SLNA Yahoo Group on August 1st
- Any neighbor can join the Park Naming Committee. Members must be able to commit time to nomination process. To join the committee please email SLNA Secretary at firstname.lastname@example.org or let SLNA President, Nancy Maclaine know at the June 20th meeting
- Committee will use an instant run-off voting system
- Nominations are due by Saturday, July 20th
- Voting will take place at the August 15th mtg.
- If the nominator(s) is present at the meeting he/she will be invited to make a 1-minute case for their nomination
- Voting will be completed by an “instant run-off” system where voters will rank the nominations from 1 (top choice) to 10 (last choice)
- Anyone wanting to vote must be a SLNA member 10 days prior to meeting (per neighborhood bylaws) which in this case is August 5th, 2013. Neighbors can become members online at southlamar.org
- At the June 20th meeting, SLNA members APPROVED absentee voting by email on just the issue of Park Naming. To absentee vote, members must submit their vote via email before 11:59pm Sunday, August 12th, 2013 to South Lamar Neighbor Secretary’s email address: email@example.com
- The top name will be announced at the end of the meeting on August 15th and then be submitted to Austin Parks and Recreation Dept.